Fiat Chrysler’s popular line of Jeep SUVs boasts flexibility and power that allows drivers to handle on-road and off-road terrain. However, too often, Jeeps are plagued by defects that affect their performance, safety, and value. If you own or lease a Jeep in California that has been in for numerous repairs while under the manufacturer’s warranty, you may have a lemon on your hands. That’s the time to call CAA – The Lemon Firm!
Well-versed in the California lemon law and federal warranty law, we have a well-earned reputation for protecting the rights of automobile consumers. We regularly handle lemon law claims involving the Jeep Cherokee, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Jeep Wrangler, and other popular Jeep models, and have the skills and experience to win you just compensation.
When you contact us for a free consultation, we will explain all your rights and quickly determine whether you have a viable Jeep lemon law claim. Please contact our office today to speak with one of our lemon law attorneys. Your consultation is free and all of our fees are paid only by Jeep – we never send bills to our clients.
Jeep: A History of Defects
While consumers expect Jeep vehicles to perform as advertised by Fiat Chrysler, defects are common across all models, such as the Jeep Wrangler. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), the most common problems with the Jeep Wrangler include:
- Steering Problems — Consumers have reported problems such as loose steering, drifting, and excessive wheel corrections to stay in lane. The automaker has attributed these problems to defective steering bolts and faulty PCM software though no recalls have been issued for the steering issues.
- Structural Defects — Fiat Chrysler has previously issued recalls for defective frame welds in the Wrangler which could reduce steering capacity, increasing the risk of an accident. Dealers were instructed to make the necessary repairs free of charge.
- Water Leaks — Owners and lessees have frequently reported water leaks, whether under normal driving conditions or when parked after heavy rains, resulting in mold, rust, and corrosion. Wrangler drivers have also complained about wet seats, soaked floorboards, standing water in the trunk, and water infiltrating the cabin from the roof and windshield.
- Transmission Problems — The Jeep Wrangler has a storied history of transmission and power train problems, including the transmission slipping or getting stuck in a particular gear.
The problems don’t end with the Jeep Wrangler as California consumers have also reported numerous defects with the Jeep Cherokee. Common problems with the popular crossover SUV include:
- Engine oil leaks from the valve cover gasket, oil pan gasket, and timing cover gasket
- Transmission problems such as rough shifting or delayed shifting while driving or accelerating
- Driveability issues like hard starting, stalling, and hesitation when accelerating
- Cracked manifolds caused by improperly welded pipes resulting in ticking noises and other issues
In addition, the Jeep Grand Cherokee, one of the most popular Jeep models, has experienced a wide range of defects, such as:
- Air conditioner problems
- Brake problems
- Electrical problems
- Engine problems
- Exhaust/emission problems
- Suspension/steering problems
Grand Cherokee drivers have also frequently complained about engine starting and stalling issues, harsh or delayed gear changes, defects in the dashboard upholstery, and intermittent electrical problems.
At CAA, we know that Jeep vehicles have a history of preventable defects involving the above-mentioned models and many others, such as the Commander, Compass, Liberty, Patriot, and Renegade. Fiat Chrysler has also issued numerous technical service bulletins and Jeep recalls. If your Jeep is a lemon, our dedicated advocates will fight to protect your rights.
Contact Our Experienced California Jeep Lemon Law Attorneys
CAA – The Lemon Firm is dedicated to holding big automakers like Fiat Chrysler accountable for providing California consumers with defective vehicles. If you own or lease a Jeep that has been in for repeated repairs that have not been fixed or your vehicle has been out of service for 30 days or more, you may have a valid lemon law claim.
When you become our client, we will explore all your options for obtaining the compensation you deserve. We understand that you may not have experience with the legal system, so we will help you navigate the process. Our legal team will handle all the details of your Jeep lemon law claim, including all dealings with the automaker, and stand by you every step of the way.
Our trial lawyers have a proven history of achieving favorable settlements and jury verdicts. Depending on the circumstances, you may be entitled to a refund or a replacement of your vehicle. Additionally, if we can prove that the automaker violated the California lemon law, you may be awarded civil damages of up to two times the purchase price of your vehicle.
Finally, the lemon law allows you to recover attorneys’ fees and costs, which means you will not have any out-of-pocket legal expenses. All of your legal bills will be paid by Jeen – not by you! Contact our office today so we can get started on your case: (833) LEMON-FIRM!
- Engine Stalls/Shut-Downs in Jeeps
- Dodge/Ram/Jeep Death Wobble Defects
- Jeep Grand Cherokee & Dodge Durango Stalling Concerns: The Hits Just Keep on Coming
- Faulty Dodge Dart Transmissions
- Jerky Jeeps
- Jeep Wrangler Rollover Risk
- Air-Conditioning Defects in Jeep and Dodge Vehicles
- Jeep Cherokee Rollaway Danger
- 132,000 RAM 1500’s and Grand Jeep Cherokee’s Recalled