CCA – The Lemon Firm regularly pursues lemon law claims on behalf of consumers throughout California against Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA). While the automaker touts its line of sedans, minivans and sports utility vehicles, including Fiat, Chrysler, Dodge, Ram, Jeep, Maserati, Alfa-Romeo, FCA is known for making some egregiously bad lemons. If you own or lease a defective vehicle manufactured by Fiat Chrysler, our lemon law attorneys are here to help!
Please call us today for a free consultation: (833) LEMON-FIRM.
Is My Fiat Chrysler a Lemon?
If your Fiat Chrysler vehicle has been in for repeated repairs that have not been fixed or it has been out of service for 30 days or more, you may have a lemon on your hands. That’s the time to call the dedicated consumer advocates at CCA – The Lemon Firm. We have the skills and experience to help you obtain significant compensation for the unfair treatment you’ve received.
Over our many years of practice, we have handled countless lemon law claims on behalf of FCA consumers involving a wide range of defects, including:
- Stalled engines
- Defective brakes
- Failed starts
- Transmission problems
- Oil leaks
- Suspension issues
When you become our client, we will provide you informed representation and dependable service. We are confident in our ability to win your lemon law claim and will not charge you any attorneys’ fees or costs – all of our bills are paid for by the automakers.
The Fiat Chrysler Emissions Scandal
In 2019, Fiat Chrysler entered into a global settlement with the U.S. Department of Justice, the Environmental Protection Agency, and the state attorney general. The federal lawsuit alleged that the automaker had violated the Clean Air Act and the California Health and Safety Code by improperly installing software in its diesel vehicles which allowed them to violate emissions standards.
Fiat Chrysler agreed to pay about $800 million to resolve the case. Vehicles involved in the settlement include model years 2014-2016 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel and 2014-2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel. Under the terms of the settlement, FCA agreed to:
- Make cash payments to vehicle owners
- Modify the vehicles’ emissions control software
- Extend warranties for updated vehicles
Although the deal did not include any admission of guilt or wrongdoing by the automaker, the emissions scandal has impacted Fiat Chrysler’s reputation.
Fiat Chrysler Recalls
Despite the emissions controversy, the automaker continues to produce vehicles that have been the subject of recalls:
- In April 2020, FCA announced the recall of more than 318,000 model years 2019-2020 Ram, Dodge, and Chrysler vehicles. A software error can lead to displays projecting the backup camera image even after the vehicles are shifted out of reverse. Dealers have been instructed to update the software on affected vehicles at no charge to consumers.
- One week after the backup camera recall, FCA issued a recall of over 425,000 model years 2019-2020 Dodge Ram 1500, 1500 Classic, and Jeep Compass vehicles. Improperly installed windshield wiper arms could come loose, causing wipers to operate improperly. This could reduce drivers’ visibility in certain weather conditions, increasing the risk of accidents and injuries. FCA instructed dealers to inspect and tighten the wiper nuts at no cost to consumers.
- In October 2019, Fiat Chrysler recalled 108,000 model years 2014-2019 Ram diesel-powered pickup trucks for coolant leaks linked to reports of fires and minor injuries. The fires were attributed to microscopic cracks in some exhaust gas recirculation coolers and the injuries reportedly occurred when drivers attempted to manually extinguish engine compartment fires. Dealers were instructed to inspect coolant systems in the affected vehicles and make necessary repairs.
With such a dubious recall history, is it any wonder that Fiat Chrysler continues to face lemon law claims in California? If your Fiat Chrysler has been a repeated headache, please us at (833) LEMON-FIRM today for a free consultation.
How Much is my FCA Lemon Law Claim Worth?
The premier consumer advocates at CCA have the dedication and resolve to help you obtain significant compensation when your vehicle can’t be conformed to its warranty. We have a proven history of achieving successful outcomes in FCA lemon law claims.
Contact Our California Fiat Chrysler Lemon Law Attorneys
At CCA, we are committed to holding Fiat Chrysler accountable for providing consumers in California with defective vehicles. Please contact our office to speak with our experienced lemon law attorneys at no cost to you: (833) LEMON-FIRM.
Related Blog Posts: