Ford Motor Company has a history of producing vehicles plagued by defects. While the performance, safety, and value of Ford vehicles have improved in recent years, consumers continue to report problems such as engine failures, transmission problems, oil and fluid leaks, and excessive noise. If you have purchased or leased a defective Ford vehicle in California, it takes an experienced lemon law attorney to enforce your rights.
CAA – TheLemonFirm.com is a premier consumer advocacy practice handling Ford lemon law claims throughout the state of California. During our many years of practice, we have successfully pursued claims involving a wide variety of Ford vehicles such as the Edge, Escape, Fiesta, Focus, Fusion, and Mustang as well as F-150, F-250, and F-350 trucks. We apply our knowledge of the California lemon law to enforce the rights of our clients and to help them obtain just compensation.
When you become our client, we will provide you with informed representation when you need it most. Because the state’s lemon law allows you to recover attorneys’ fees and legal costs, you will not pay anything to us until we recover for you. Don’t go up against Ford Motor Company alone, contact CAA – TheLemonFirm.com today for a free evaluation of your case.
Continued Problems with the Ford Focus and Ford Fiesta
In 2017, Ford Motor Company settled a class-action lawsuit involving certain Fiesta and Focus in connection with defective dual-clutch/power shift transmissions which caused the vehicles to slip or jerk while accelerating. Under the terms of the settlement, which as been appealed in federal court, members of the class were either to be awarded cash payouts or the option to purchase a new vehicle at a discounted price. Allegations have also recently surfaced that Ford was aware of the transmission defects but sold the vehicles to consumers nonetheless.
Additional problems have also been reported with newer model Ford Focus vehicles. In 2018, Ford announced the recall of 1.5 million 2012-2018 Focus vehicles due to fuel system defects, however, a number of vehicles continue to experience fuel problems. In July 2019, Ford announced a second recall affecting 58,000 Focus vehicles, including model year 2012-2017 Ford Focus and 2013-2014 Ford Focus ST vehicles. Dealers have been instructed to update the software to the powertrain control module.
While the final resolution of the law and numerous individual lawsuits against Ford Motor Company is unclear at this time if you drive a Ford Focus or Fiesta that has been in for repeated repairs while under the manufacturer’s warranty, contact the dedicated consumer advocacy attorneys at CAA — The LemonFirm.com. Our legal team will see to it that the automaker provides you with a replacement vehicle or a refund in accordance with the California Lemon Law.
Ford Recall History
In addition to ongoing class action settlement, Ford Motor Company has issued numerous recalls:
- In June 2019, Ford issued a number of recalls, including the recall of more than 1.2 million 2011-2017 model year Ford Explorer SUVs. A defect in the rear suspension could lead to a loss of power steering control. Ford also recalled over 120,000 Ford F-150 pickup trucks that could experience a sudden transmission downshift that could cause drivers to lose control, increasing the risk of an accident.
- In June 2018, Ford announced a recall of certain 2018 Ford Expedition, F-150, and Lincoln Navigator vehicles due to defective welds on the high-pressure fuel pump assemblies that could crack, causing an oil, or fuel leak and increasing the risk of a fire. Ford instructed dealers to replace the high-pressure fuel pump at no cost to consumers.
- In October 2017, the automaker recalled certain 2018 F-150 pickup trucks equipped with a column-mounted shift lever. Quickly shifting from park to drive may have caused a loss of gear indication on the display and the selection of an unintended gear, such as reverse or neutral, before dropping into drive, increasing the risk of a collision. Dealers were instructed to reprogram the powertrain module.
Contact Our Experienced California Ford Defect Attorneys
If you have purchased or leased a defective Ford vehicle that the dealer has not been able to repair, you may have a valid lemon law claim. The best way to enforce your rights is to contact CAA – The LemonFirm.com.
Our dedicated consumer advocacy attorneys have a proven history holding Ford accountable and helping our clients obtain the compensation they deserve. When you become our client, we will explain all of your rights under the California Lemon Law, and conduct a thorough investigation to verify that your Ford vehicle has a substantial impairment that was not repaired after repeated attempts.
If your lemon law claim prevails, the automaker must either replace the defective vehicle with a new one or refund you the purchase price (after deducting any mileage offsets). If we determine that Ford Motor Company willfully violated the state’s lemon law, we may also be able to win you civil damages of up to two times the purchase price of your vehicle. Please contact our office today for a free consultation. You pay nothing to us until we recover for you.
The Lemon Firm helps consumers with Ford lemon law claims throughout California including Los Angeles County, Kern County, Orange County, Riverside County, San Bernardino County, and Ventura County.
- Defects in 2013-2018 Ford Explorers
- Be Afraid. Be Very Afraid. (Of the Ford Super Duty “Death Wobble.”)
- Severe Powertrain Defects in Ford Escapes
- Engine and Transmission Issues in the Ford F-150’s
- Common Lincoln Navigator Defects
- Ford Mustang Manual-Transmission Woes
- Ford Recalls: F-250, F-350 and F-550
- Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator issues
- Ford F-150 Excessive Oil Consumption: Potential Lawsuit
- Ford Bronco Under NHTSA Investigation for Catastrophic Engine Failure
- Ford Mustang Class Action Suit over Manual Transmission Woes
- Ford Latest Recalls 737,000 Vehicles Over Oil Leaks & Faulty Trailer Brakes
- Ford Issues Safety Recalls for 2020-2021 F-150 Pickups
- Defects in 2013-2018 Ford Explorers
- Transmission Problems: Investigating The Latest Ford Lawsuit
- Ford Motor’s Water Pump Failure
- Recall Alert | Faulty Fuel Injector in Ford Bronco Sport and Escape
- Ford Lawsuit: Ford Fiesta and Focus Owners Face Issues with Powershift Transmission