Cadillac is a luxury vehicle produced by General Motors (GM) and one of the oldest automobile brands in the nation. Named after the founder of Detroit, Michigan, Antoine de la Mothe Cadillac, the automobile continues to be a status symbol. Nonetheless, owners and lessees of Cadillacs have suffered through numerous recalls, repeat vehicle problems, and dangerous vehicle defects. If your Cadillac has been in the shop for repeated repairs that have gone unresolved, you may have a lemon on your hands. It is vital for you to understand your rights under Cadillac lemon law.
CAA – TheLemonFirm.com provides aggressive representation to Cadillac consumers throughout California. Our consumer advocacy attorneys know how to fight back against big automakers and hold them accountable for selling defective vehicles. When you become our client, we will conduct a thorough investigation of your vehicle’s repair history to determine whether you have a valid lemon law claim at no charge to you. Depending on the circumstances, you may be entitled to a replacement vehicle or a refund, as well as civil damages of up to two times the vehicle’s purchase price.
Our experienced lemon law attorneys have a proven track record of achieving successful outcomes inside or outside of the courtroom and will see to it that you obtain the compensation you deserve.
Common Cadillac Problems
A variety of Cadillac models have experienced ongoing defects over the years:
- Cadillac Deville
- Cadillac Seville
- Cadillac CTS
- Cadillac DTS
- Cadillac Escalade
Some of the most common problems involve engines that burn excessive oil, defective intake and exhaust manifolds, transmission leaks, transmission failures, powertrain malfunctions, brake system failures, and exhaust and emissions problems. It is worth noting that the defect must have a significant impact on the vehicle’s performance, safety, or value for you to have a valid California lemon law claim. In addition, two or more repair attempts for the same defect must have been made and/or the vehicle must have been out of service for 30 days or more.
Despite being marketed as a luxury brand, a variety of Cadillac models have been subjected to recalls over the years:
- In September 2019, GM announced the recall of nearly 3.5 million trucks and sports utility vehicles including certain model year 2015-2017 Cadillac Escalades in connection with a defect that makes braking more difficult. Oil leaks in the vacuum assist pump can lead to sludge build-up that impedes the brake mechanism. Dealers were instructed to recalibrate the vehicle’s brake module control, allowing it to better utilize its hydraulic brake boost assist function.
- In March 2019, GM announced the recall of certain model year 2019 Cadillac CT6 vehicles due to defects in the rotating steering wheel that prevent the turn signals from automatically stopping. This could mislead other drivers and pedestrians, increasing the risk of accidents and injuries. Cadillac dealers were instructed to replace the turn signal switch at no charge.
- In February 2019, GM announced the recall of certain model year 2016-2017 Cadillac CTS and 2017 Cadillac ATS vehicles due to power steering defects. The electronic power steering assist system may fail to operate, which could require more effort to steer the vehicle, increasing the risk of accidents and injuries. GM instructed dealers to replace the power steering gear assembly, free of charge.
- In September 2018, more than 50,000 model year 2014-2016 Cadillac CTS vehicles were recalled because of defective front-seat heaters. An overheating element may smoke or melt, leading to an auto fire. Dealers were instructed to adjust the computer that manages the seat heaters.
- In July 2017, GM recalled over 40,000 model year 2015-2106 Cadillac Escalade vehicles due to a defect in software for the airbag sensing and diagnostic module. The glitch could prevent deployment of the airbags and seat belt pretensioners in an accident, increasing the risk of injury. Dealers were instructed to perform the necessary update to the software.
Contact Our Los Angeles Cadillac Lemon Law Attorney
If you have purchased or leased a Cadillac that has been in for multiple or repairs while under the manufacturer’s warranty, it takes a skilled lemon law attorney to enforce your rights. CAA – TheLemonFirm.com routinely represents Cadillac owners and lessees throughout the state of California. We have a proven history of achieving successful outcomes and a well-deserved reputation for being dedicated consumer advocacy attorneys.
Knowing that GM has an unfair advantage over aggrieved Cadillac consumers, we will leverage our skills and experienced to level the playing field and hold GM accountable. Depending on the circumstances, we may be entitled to a new, replacement vehicle or a refund. If we determine that GM willfully violated provisions of the California lemon law, you can also help you recover civil damages of up to two times the purchase price of your Cadillac.
Like all of our clients, you will not pay any attorneys fees to us if we don’t recover for you. When you contact our office for a free consultation, we will explain all of your consumer rights, handle all dealings with the automaker and the dealer, and work to help you obtain just compensation. The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can relieve you of your defective Cadillac vehicle. Please call (833) LEMON-FIRM today for a free consultation.