The Land Rover and Range Rover are luxury sports utility vehicles manufactured by Jaguar Land Rover, which is currently part of Tata Motors Group. Despite these vehicles being branded as luxury SUVs, consumers throughout California have experienced a variety of serious, ongoing problems with their vehicles. If you own or lease a defective Land Rover or Range Rover that the automaker or dealer has not been able to repair, it is important to understand your rights under the California lemon law. We invite you to contact the experts at California Consumer Attorneys (CCA) for help with your vehicle issues by calling (833) LEMON-FIRM and speaking with one of our intake specialists.
The LemonFirm.com provides aggressive representation to Land Rover and Range Rover consumers in California. Well-versed in the state’s lemon law and federal warranty law, we have the skills and experience to help you obtain significant compensation. If your so-called luxury sports utility vehicle has been in for multiple repairs or out of service for an extended period of time, you may have a valid Land Rover lemon law claim. When you become our client, you will not pay any attorneys’ fees to us because all of our firm’s fees and costs are paid by the automakers. If we don’t get you a recovery, you pay nothing!
Common Land Rover/Range Rover Defects
CAA’s lawyers have handled a wide variety of Land Rover/Range Rover defects, such as:
- Failure to start
- Electrical problems (e.g. heating/air conditioning, windows, door locks, navigation systems)
- Defective fuel gauges/fuel injectors
- Engine malfunctions (e.g. vibration, stalling, shutting off)
- Steering issues (misalignment, vibration)
- Tire, axle, or brake noise
We believe that consumers of the Land Rover and Range Rover have a right to expect their vehicles to perform up to the standards advertised by the manufacturer. If three or more repair attempts have been made on your vehicle or it has been out of service for 30 days or more, you may be entitled to a replacement vehicle or a refund. You may also be entitled to civil damages of up to two times the purchase price of the vehicle if we can show that Jaguar willfully violated provisions of the California lemon law. The sooner you contact our office, the sooner we can right this wrong and help you recover the compensation you deserve.
Land Rover/Range Rover Recalls
In addition to the defects mentioned above, the Land Rover and Range Rover have been subjected to numerous recalls:
- In May 2019, Jaguar Land Rover recalled certain 2013-2016 Range Rover SUVs due to a problem with the keyless vehicle latching system (KV System). The vehicle’s doors may not latch properly which can result in a door opening unexpectedly while driving, increasing the risk of an accident and serious injuries. Dealers were instructed to inspect the KV systems for defects and update the software to resolve the problem.
- In February 2018, Jaguar Land Rover recalled certain 2018 Land Rover, Land Rover Discovery Sport, Range Rover Evoque, and Range Rover Velar vehicles equipped with a 2.0L gasoline engine. Leaks in the fuel rail end caps resulted in fuel vapor or liquid fuel leaking into the engine bay, increasing the risk of an auto fire. Dealers were instructed to replace the fuel rail free of charge.
- In May 2018, certain 2017 Land Rover, Range Rover and Range Rover Sport vehicles were recalled due to problems with fuel gauge which may illuminate the low fuel warning lamp while the fuel tank actually has more fuel. In addition, the engine management software may cut the engine off after the vehicle has traveled a short distance. This can cause a loss of drive power or power brake assistance, increasing the risk of an accident. Jaguar Land Rover instructed dealers to install a software update to resolve the problem.
- In August 2016, certain 2007-2011 Land Rover and Range Rover SUVs were recalled due to defective Takata airbags on the front passenger side. This was a widespread problem with Takata airbags that stemmed from degraded propellant, which, if activated, could release metal shrapnel into the cabin, causing serious injury or death.
Contact Our Los Angeles Land Rover Lemon Law Attorney
While the Jaguar Land Rover brand boasts performance and luxury, the Land Rover and Range Rover have not lived up to that billing. Consumers have experienced a wide range of defects while the automaker has reluctantly issued numerous recalls. If you own or lease a Land Rover or Range Rover that has had ongoing problems or that has been out of service for an extended period of time, you might be entitled to a refund or a new car.
Our experienced lemon law attorneys will conduct a thorough investigation to determine whether you have a valid California lemon law claim. Our objective is to help make you whole by recovering significant cash compensation. Regardless of whether you are seeking a replacement vehicle or a refund, our dedicated consumer advocacy attorneys know how to hold Jaguar Land Rover accountable. While the automaker is obligated to properly address repair issues, Land Rover and Range Rover consumers are at a disadvantage. We will leverage our experience, reputation, and skills to help you fight back. Please contact our office today to set up a free consultation by calling (833)LEMON-FIRM or by filling out the contact form.