Manufactured by Fiat Chrysler America (FCA), Dodge features a line of sedans, SUVs and pickup trucks that boast style, handling, and dependability. However, in spite of Dodge’s popularity, Dodge consumers have lodged complaints over a wide range of defects and the automaker has issued numerous recalls. If you own or lease a Dodge that has been in for repeated repairs that have not been fixed, contact CAA — The Lemon Firm for a free consultation: (833) LEMON-FIRM.
Our dedicated consumer advocates regularly handle Dodge lemon law claims all over the State of California. Our lemon law experts possess a deep knowledge of the applicable state lemon law and federal warranty law and are committed to protecting your rights. When you consult with us, we will determine whether you have a valid lemon law claim and, if so, fight for the compensation you deserve. We invite you to call us today for a free consultation.
What is a Lemon?
Not every defect will qualify a vehicle as a lemon. Instead, your Dodge must have a defect that impacts its safety, performance or value that the dealer has not been able to repair after a reasonable number of attempts. Alternatively, the Dodge may qualify if the vehicle has spent an excessive amount of time in the shop or if it was sold to you with serious defects. The easiest way to find out if your vehicle qualifies is to give us a call.
Common Dodge Problems that May Lead to a Lemon Claim
Dodge drivers have complained about all types of defects, including:
- Faulty brake pads/rotors
- Acceleration problems
- Electrical problems
- Fuel system defects
- Vibrating axles
- Cruise control malfunctions
- Transmission leaks
- Engine stalls
The most notorious Dodge problem to arise recently involves front-end vibration in Ram pickup trucks — the so-called “death wobble.” Drivers of the Ram line have reported that the front-end shudders while traveling at high speeds on highways or after hitting a bump on the road, making it difficult to maintain control. Although the problem has been attributed to an array of potential issues — the drivetrain, the size of the cabin, the tires, the roof support bars — Fiat Chrysler has not issued recalls to address the death wobble.
Thousands of consumers of Dodge Ram pickup trucks have also complained about cracked dashboards that may have been caused by defective plastic, engineering flaws, or manufacturing defects. Fiat Chrysler has not issued any recalls over cracked dashboards and claims the problem has been addressed in current Dodge Ram models.
If you own or lease a defective Dodge that the dealer cannot or refuses to repair, CAA — The Lemon Firm can help. We offer free consultations and will not charge you any attorneys’ fees – all of our fees are paid by the automakers.
Recent Dodge Recalls
In addition to widespread consumer complaints, numerous Dodge recalls have also been issued:
- In April 2020, Fiat Chrysler announced the recall of certain model year 2019-2020 Dodge Challenger, Durango and Ram 1500, 2500, and 3500 pick-up trucks due to entertainment display issues. A software error can cause the backup camera image to remain on screen after a vehicle is shifted out of reverse, which can distract the driver and result in an accident. The automaker instructed dealers to update the software.
- In April 2020, Fiat Chrysler announced the recall of 37,850 model year 2019-2020 Ram 2500 and 3500 pick-up trucks equipped with an accessory bed step. Under certain loading conditions, the bed step may fail unexpectedly, increasing the risk of serious injury. The automaker instructed dealers to replace the bed step support brace.
- In May 2019, Fiat Chrysler recalled certain 2019-2020 Ram vehicles due to a defect in the Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC) which can disable the vehicle’s airbags and seat belt pretensioners, increasing the risk of injury in the event of an accident. Chrysler instructed dealers to reprogram or replace the ORC as needed.
- In February 2018, Fiat Chrysler recalled certain model year 2017-2018 Ram 2500, 3500, 4500, and 5500 chassis cab trucks. Overheating of the Brake Transmission Shift Interlock (BTSI) caused the vehicle to inadvertently shift of out of park while idling, increasing the risk of injury. Dealers were instructed to inspect and replace the BTSI as needed.
Contact Our Experienced California Dodge Lemon Law Attorneys
If your Dodge vehicle has been in for repeated repairs or off the road for an extended period of time, you are probably frustrated and hoping for a resolution. That’s the time to call CAA – The Lemon Firm. We are highly experienced at handling lemon law claims and have a proven track record of success in arbitration proceedings and civil litigation.
If your claim against Fiat Chrysler prevails, you may be entitled to a replacement vehicle or a refund (minus a mileage deduction). If we can prove that the automaker or dealer knowingly violated the Song Beverly Consumer Protection Act (the California lemon law), you may also be able to recover civil damages of up to two times the vehicle’s purchase price.
When you hire CCA, you will not pay any legal fees. We forward all costs for you and are compensated solely by the automakers. Big automobile manufacturers like Fiat Chrysler may have an unfair advantage over consumers of Dodge vehicles; but we have the skills and determination to fight back. Contact our office today to learn how we can help with your Dodge lemon law claim: (833) LEMON-FIRM.
- Dodge/Ram/Jeep Death Wobble Defects
- Faulty Dodge Dart Transmissions
- Jeep Grand Cherokee & Dodge Durango Stalling Concerns: The Hits Just Keep on Coming
- Common Defects in RAM 1500, 2500, and 3500 Trucks
- Dodge Dart Manual Transmission Problems
- Air Conditioning Defects in Jeep and Dodge Vehicles
- 132,000 RAM 1500’s and Grand Jeep Cherokee’s Recalled
- Ram 1500 EGR Cooler Recall
- Dodge Challenger and Charger Owners File Suit Against Dodge for Rear Differential Problems Putting Driver’s Safety At Risk
- NHTSA Investigating Over 600,000 Ram Diesel Trucks Due To Stalling Engine
- Ram Truck Infernos
- Dodge And Jeep Grand Models Hit Water Pump Issues – Solution and Warranty Extension
- 2021-23 Ram Trucks Recall due to Faulty Engine Fire Risks